By creating an account, making a purchase, or visiting https://jewelryclasseswithjen.com you are consenting to our terms and conditions.
If you do not agree to these terms, you may not register for this site or make a purchase.
- the site: jewelryclasseswithjen.com, learningcenter.jewelryclasseswithjen.com, and all products and services available at either URL
- us: Jenuine Article. LLC (an Arizona limited liability company)
- your content: anything you post or upload on this site
- our content: everything we post on this site owned by us (including text, sound, graphics, or other materials)
This site is designed for adults. You must be 18 years of age or older to create a membership.
Our community is built on trust and transparency. As such, you are required to provide your legal name and accurate details about you in your membership profile. Failure to provide correct information will result in the cancellation of your membership.
Membership is offered through a third-party shopping cart plug-in: Memberpress. Subscriptions are offered on a monthly or yearly basis and are renewed automatically at the current rates. Payments must be made at the start of each subscription period in U.S. Dollars. You can choose not to renew your subscription at any time. To do this either email email@example.com or:
- Log into your account
- Go to My Account from the top menu
Membership Refund Policy
Subscription payments are billed in advance on a monthly or annual basis and are non-refundable – refunds are not given if you cancel your subscription prior to the end of your current subscription period.
Refunds or credits for partial months or years cannot be given, with the following exceptions:
- For new members, a refund for your fee will be given if your request is received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of your initial subscription payment.
- Upon a membership change, if you upgrade from a monthly to a yearly plan, you will be credited for the amount remaining in your current subscription.
- For existing members, we understand that you may forget to cancel your subscription. So, subscription payment may be refunded if a request for refund has been received by email to email@example.com within 72 hours of the subscription payment.
To avoid learning your credit card information, we’ve partnered with PayPal and Stripe to securely process payment. As such, we never learn or store your credit card information. Both providers share your name, address, and email with us.
Upon registration, you will select a password and username. This password and username can only be used by you. Your username and password cannot be transferred or shared with others.
For personal use only
The goal of the site and our content is to help you learn to craft your own jewelry.
When you purchase a membership, you are granted a revocable, worldwide, non-exclusive license to the membership content.
You can use the membership content to craft your own jewelry. But you cannot re-create, sell, or share these instructions or reference materials with others either for free or for profit. Doing so would violate our intellectual property in our content and we will enforce our rights to the fullest extent of the law, including but not limited to blocking your access to the membership community, sending you an invoice for a licensing, or suing you in federal court.
We offer products for sale on this site using a third-party shopping cart plug-in: Woocommerce and MemberPress. To avoid learning your credit card information, we’ve partnered with PayPal and Stripe to securely process payment. As such, we never learn or store your credit card information. Both providers share your name, address, and email with us.
E-commerce Refund Policy
As a business focused on encouraging happiness through creativity, we are committed to providing an excellent shopping experience.
However, things happen…
Unfortunately, our online classes are non-refundable. We offer a lot of instructional content for free, so you know before you purchase an online class, that the content will be just as spectacular as the free instruction. However, if you have any technical issues, we are happy to help resolve them. Please just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to address your issue.
However, if you are unhappy, for any reason, with your purchase of kits or materials from the Jewelry Classes with Jen website, contact us within 30 days of your purchase and we will direct you through an exchange or refund.
- Return shipping is not covered.
- The materials must not have been modified in any way.
- Upon receipt of your kit and/or materials, in their new and unused condition, we will refund the price of your kit and/or materials purchase minus the shipping charges.
- Restrictions may apply for discounted items or promotional offers.
- Custom orders are non-refundable and non-returnable.
- Late returns are subject to a re-stocking fee.
To request your refund, send an email to email@example.com.
From time to time, we’ll include affiliate links. And if you click them and make a purchase, we’ll get a commission in exchange. These funds help support all the content that we create.
These links are to products or services that we’ve purchased or think you might like. And we aren’t going to hide which links are which. If it’s an affiliate link, you’ll be told.
If it’s not called out as an affiliate link, it’s not. And it is there to help you learn more or dig deeper and is not in exchange for payment.
You own your content; we own our content.
You own the copyright in your content. By posting or uploading your content to the site you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license. We need this license so that we can perform the services you registered for. This license allows us to store and show your content to other users. This license does not allow us to sell your content.
This site contains intellectual property owned by the Jenuine Article, LLC and/or Jennifer Hanscom, including trademarks, copyrights, and other intellectual property. However, we want you to share our content. If you would like to do so, please use no more than a single paragraph and one image and provide a link back to the original page on the site. For other uses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any content on this site infringes on your intellectual property, please email email@example.com.
This site allows users to comment on articles and member content in the forum.
This site is designed to be a supportive community. As such, you agree that you will not:
- Use hateful, abusive, offensive, or obscene language towards others
- Threaten others with violence
- Use (or attempt to use) another person’s account
- Post material that infringes on another person’s intellectual property rights
If you do any of these things, we may remove your content or cancel your account.
If you wish to discontinue your membership, you can cancel your subscription by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or:
- Log into your account
- Go to My Account from the top menu
- Select Subscriptions
After your subscription is canceled, your content will remain on the site, but your access to the membership area will be revoked.
We in our sole discretion, have the right to suspend or terminate your account, for any reason at any time.
Jewelry Classes with Jen respects your privacy, and we are committed to protecting it.
This policy describes the kinds of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies when we are in control of how data is collected, stored, and processed. (When we are the data controller.) Including the information we collect:
- on our Website, including any subdomains
- in email or other electronic messages between you and our Website
- via our email marketing service provider, Mailchimp
- via our community provider, BuddyBoss
- via our membership system provider, MemberPress
- via our online meeting software, Zoom
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means
- any third-party content that may be linked to or be accessible from our Website
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
Our Website incorporates privacy controls affecting how we process your personal data. You can opt-out of our email newsletter, request your personal information, request to update and change your personal information or request to delete your personal information.
If you wish to opt-out of our email newsletter, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send.
If you are a member and would like to see or update your account information, you can view and change it by:
- Log into your account
- Go to My Account from the top menu
You may make any of these requests by emailing email@example.com.
What information we collect and how we use it
We collect several types of information about you, including information that:
- identifies you personally, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or opens or clicks within email newsletters
- is about you but cannot be used to identify you
- is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and how you use our Website
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you including:
- how you interact with our Website, including what pages you visited, when you last logged into your account, and if you open or click on our email newsletters
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, location, operating system, and browser type
We collect this information via Google Analytics, MemberPress, and Mailchimp using cookies and web beacons. And this information helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size
- understand how you use our Website
- understand what content interests you most
- speed up your searches
- recognize you when you return to our Website
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- web beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited pages, opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
The Usage Information we collect is used to monitor and improve our website and services. (GDPR Basis: Legitimate Interest)
When you create an account on our Website, you voluntarily provide us your name, email address, and select a password. We collect this information on a WordPress website using a plug-in called MemberPress.
The Account Information we collect is used to facilitate your membership in the artist’s Courtyard. (GDPR Basis: Contract)
When you comment on content on our Website, you voluntarily provide us your name, email address, and a comment. We will process this information in order to post the comment as you’ve requested. (GDPR Basis: Consent)
When you fill out a contact form, you voluntarily provide us your name, email address, and a comment. We will process this information according to the instructions you provide. (GDPR Basis: Consent)
When you make a purchase through our website, you voluntarily provide us your name, email address, credit card and/or PayPal account information.
We collect this information via WooCommerce, MemberPress, PayPal, and Stripe. This information is used to supply you with the product purchased and keep accurate records of your transaction. (GDPR Basis: Contract)
Email Newsletter or Opt-in Information
When you sign up for our email newsletter, you voluntarily provide us your name and email address.
Additionally, when you interact with our emails, Mailchimp will track which emails you open, and any links you click. From time to time, these clicks will be tracked to identify what kind of projects and content interest you. We do this so that we can only send you the most relevant information to your inbox.
We will process this information per your request to provide you with relevant information and newsletters. (GDPR Basis: Consent)
We may process any personal information we have on you when required by a court order, legal obligation, court proceeding. (GDPR Basis: Legitimate Basis)
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our website visitors (information that is not identifiable to you) without restriction.
We do not sell, rent, or share our email list containing your personal information to third parties.
However, we may disclose information that can be directly tied to you to:
- contractors, service providers and other third parties that we reasonably use to support our business
- fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- fulfill any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- process your payment, including refunds, complaints, queries with PayPal and Stripe only to the degree necessary
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- to enforce or apply any agreements between us, including for billing and collection purposes.
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. For example, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish to have your email address used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase or transaction.
Retaining and Deleting Your Information
We will keep your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose you gave it to us.
We will keep your personal data as follows:
- Usage information will be kept for a minimum of one year and a maximum of three years from each visit you make to our website.
- Account information will be kept for a minimum of seven years and a maximum of ten years from the date your account is canceled. (We keep this data for this time period because it is associated with your purchase data.)
- Purchase information will be kept for a minimum of seven years and a maximum of ten years from the date your account is canceled.
In some cases, it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be kept. In those instances, we will use the following criteria to decide how long to keep your personal data:
- We will use the availability of blog post comments, the nature of the comment, and the post availability to decide how long to keep publication information.
- We will use the content of your message and the response required to decide how long to keep correspondence information.
- We will keep email newsletter or opt-in information for either the length of your subscription or the length of our contract with our email newsletter service provider.
Data Security and International Transfers
Our offices are based in the United States, along with our hosting facilities and service providers.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure both during transfer and storage.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information to our Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any username you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your European Union Privacy Rights
The EU General Data Protection Regulation permits users of our Website that are European Union residents certain rights. Your rights include:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
To access a copy of your data, correct it, restrict how it is used, or erase it please email email@example.com. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work, or the place of the alleged infringement.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to process your data, you can opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miscellaneous Fine Print
In no event will our liability, (regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed $100.
There is no promise or representation that you will make a certain amount of money, or any money, or not lose money, as a result of using our products and services. As with any business, your results will vary and will be based on your personal abilities, experience, knowledge, capabilities, level of desire, and an infinite number of variables beyond our control, including variables we (or you) have not anticipated. There are no guarantees concerning the level of success you may experience. Each person’s results will vary. There are unknown risks in any business, particularly with the Internet where advances and changes can happen quickly. The use of our information, products, and services should be based on your own due diligence and you agree that we are not liable for your success or failure.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these terms or your use of the site.
These terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Arizona without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these terms or this site shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of Maricopa County, Arizona.
Updates + Date Last Updated
The last update was: May 26, 2022.
This website is owned and operated by Jenuine Article, LLC, an Arizona limited liability company.
Our mailing address is PO Box 72265, Phoenix, AZ 85050